Thursday, October 4, 2012

4 wedding cakes and a Harvest Festival

....And I DO realize nobody under 30 years of age will get the movie reference in that title, but I thought it was catchy:)

We had a VERY busy past weekend at the bakery... so much going on that it was all hands on deck both days.  To start, we had multiple large weddings.  Obviously, I'm partial to ALL our cakes, but certainly I still have my favorite designs. This past week, all 4 of our wedding cakes topped my list.  First, I love anything related to fall, so to combine apples and fall leaves on a cake/cupcake design and I'm immediately in love.  On the other hand, I loved the sleek lines of the all white cake, adorned only with 1 big, beautiful flower.  Add just a tiny bit of sophisticated bling, and it made me want to walk down the aisle myself (not really:))





While Aubrey, one of our lead cake designers, and I were running around designing and delivering the cakes, we had a whole team preparing cupcakes for the Downtown Franklin Harvest Festival that occurred on Sunday.  Marissa Palladini and Jack Buccella team up below to make some last minute fondant decorations. Don't mind the MOUNTAIN of corn starch surrounding Jack.  There may, or may not have been a little accident with the corn starch shaker:)




It was was full family affair. My partner Angie's son Connor helped make boxes to try to keep up with demand.  He was a good sport about it,  and didn't stop until he had a mountain of pink boxes ready and waiting!




While the weather didn't TOTALLY cooperate, it didn't stop our loyal customers from dropping by. We were able to meet many first time customers, as well as bakery regulars, throughout the day. Thank you to the Downtown Franklin Partnership for coordinating another successful community event!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful picture of our cake/cupcakes! Thanks Tracie, they were phenomenal :)

    ReplyDelete